Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And of Humor

Hello, is this thing on? Testing, testing, 1,2,3,4. OK, good, how are you doing? Funny me finding myself thinking about you finding me blogging. Who knew. With the time constraints on my life, sharing my thoughts on a regular basis haven't and aren't a real priority. Then I found out about sleeping habits. I don't have any.

I don't sleep enough. My family doctor would agree. I agree with her. I should take her advice seriously and try to get extra sleep, but I've suddenly realized that I would be cheating the world and myself out of some of the humor I see day in and day out. So I've decided to share for memory and for you.

Life is funny. The way I see it, life is far too short to not have fun. And by that I mean being responsible, taking care of business, but making sure there is time set aside for having a great time.

Laughter is the best medicine. I probably laugh at too many things, but it doesn't mean I don't get it. I am the kind of person who sees the humor in everything. Its my choice. No one can take that away from me. Most people I know see my face and recognize my smirk. I'm either delighted to see them, or I've somehow been humored by happenstance. I look at a wasp nest and its funny how that often tiny stem holds that thing in the air! Amazing! I wonder what kind of superglue spit was chewed up and regurgitated to help suspend that house in the air. Like me eating something sweet and sticky (lets say honey since we're talking stinging creatures) puking it back up and packing the bricks of our homes like mortar. Freaking amazing and funny!!

I've found humor to be hard to classify, this sight does a pretty good job of it http://www.iep.utm.edu/humor/
We'll talk more when I return after no commercial messages!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I like that you make me laugh on a daily basis. I like to think that I do the same for you!

I'm glad you decided to write. I love to read, especially thoughts of those I love.

Oh, and yeah, you don't sleep enough.

Anonymous said...

lol. you really dont, i actually think i sleep more than you :p huh, funny the way i see eh?

Post a Comment